Rules and Guidelines:
1. You must have a valid badge in order to participate.
2. Entrants 12 and under must have their parents’ permission to enter.
3. By entering this contest you agree to read and abide by all rules as posted and failure to do so will result in your disqualification from the contest and/or removal from the event.
4. Cosplay Staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone to the Hall Cosplay event for any reason.
1. Entrants must exhibit good sportsmanship and remain professional at all times. Rude behavior or insults toward may be considered grounds for disqualification.
2. Cosplayers may enter both the Hall Cosplay Contest and the Main Cosplay Contest, but CANNOT enter the same costume in both events.
3. Costumes entered must be presented with reference images and recreate characters from anime, manga, animation, etc. Original characters will not be permitted due to inconsistanies.
4. Hall cosplay judging is based entirely on craftsmanship. Therefore, at least 80% of the costume pieces should be handmade.
5. If someone else helped make your cosplay, they must be present for judging.
6. You will never be required to go on stage or in front of others for Hall Cosplay, but awards are announced on stage during the Main Contest.
1. Show up to the Hall Cosplay table in the main lobby next to the Main Cosplay Contest Table during one of the operation times wearing the cosplay you want to be judged in.
2. Sign up and fill out a basic form. The information on the form is kept confidential and destroyed after the contest.
3. Answer questions and talk about your costume to the judges right at the table. A photo is taken for reference later.
4. Enjoy the rest of your day.
5. OPTIONAL: Come to the Ikkicon Cosplay Contest on Saturday where the winners will be announced. If you aren’t there to receive your award, we will contact you using the information you provide at sign up.
6. That’s it! Super easy, friendly, and takes little or no time at all!
This division is intended for costumers with little to no prior experience in making costumes, and no formal training in costume or fashion.
Novice Division entrants must not have won more than one award of any level at previous conventions.
This division is intended for people with some to moderate experience making costumes, some formal training in costume or fashion, or who have competed previously and won more than one award.
Intermediate division entrants must not have won more than five minor or three major awards at previous conventions.
The Mastersdivision is intended for people with advanced formal training in costuming or fashion, extensive experience in making costumes, or who have won several awards for costumes.
Anyone may choose to enter this division.
Professional costumers must enter in this division.