Please feel free to email exhibits@IKKiCON.com with any questions or concerns you may have.
The Artist Alley will be open for Artists: (SUBJECT TO CHANGE, FINAL HOURS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN EMAIL)
All artists must occupy their tables by 10:00 AM on Friday January 1, 2016, or your tables will be forfeit and IKKiCON will deploy them as we see fit. All artists and artists’ property must be removed by 5:00 PM, Sunday, January 3rd, 2016. IKKiCON reserves the right to remove materials left behind at this time and put them into storage at the artists’ expense.
- $150.00 – Per Table with 1 Badge
- $35.00 – Extra Badges (2 Maximum purchased before November 25, 2015)
Each Artist will receive one (1) badge for each table, additional badges may be purchased for $25.00 per badge.
Artist Alley Rules and Regulations
- We will not tolerate horseplay such as: running, screaming, yelling, or use of obscene language in the artist alley. This applies for attendees as well as the artists.
- Smoking or use of alcohol or drugs in the artist alley is prohibited.
- Overly loud noises such as music, videos, and so forth is not acceptable, if the person beside you is complaining about the noise, it is too loud. However, The Artist Alley staff will have the final say if the amount of sound that you, your table, or anything related to you or your table is found to be disruptive.
- Badges must be worn at all times.
- We require that you ask for permission before taking all pictures, if we catch you, we will have you removed from the Artist Alley.
The following products are permitted in the artist alley:
- Any products featuring your own creations.
- Commissioned and hand-drawn works.
- Unique, individual, hand-made items.
- Doujinshi, Fanzines, and similar items.
- For fan art up to 25 copies of a single piece are allowed.
The following products are NOT permitted in the artist alley:
- “Knockoff” or bootleg merchandise (i.e. SM CDs)
- Bootleg videos. (i.e. bootlegged videos recorded on tapes or dvds with printed labels, pirated copies of any titles that have been released commercially in the United States, Japan, or elsewhere; titles taped off the air in Japan–and any and all fansubs).
- Any posters, idol cards, etc., which read “Kodak”, “Fuji”, etc. on the back
- Unlicensed reproductions of any products actually released by an American company.
- Any food, snacks, or beverages.
- Legally imported merchandise or legitimate US products, this includes wall scrolls, sharpies, art supplies, duct tape, glow sticks, etc.
- Photo-shopped, traced, or obviously copied characters in recognizable poses but with different backgrounds.
- Mass produced prints of original art depicting licensed characters.
- Buttons, pins, hats, or t-shirts bearing official character licenses. This would be directly competing with the items that are licensed, but if you are using characters you already own, or have explicit permission to use, that is acceptable.
In the recent years there has been a large increase in the number of minors and families that attend anime conventions. So we ask that artists, particularly those with adult merchandise, please keep this in mind when setting up. Any materials that are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent, or otherwise unsuitable for children MUST be displayed in a manner that keeps minors from seeing them. If we see it out in the open, or receive complaints, we will remind you about our adult materials policy ONCE. If you SELL inappropriate materials to minors, there is no “one strike” in this case. You will be removed from the Artist Alley.
Artist will be fully responsible to pay for any and all damages to property owned by the Hilton Hotel, its owners or managers, which resulted from any act or neglect of the artist. The artist agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Hilton, its owners, managers, officers or directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates, from any damages or charges resulting from the artist’s use of the property. The artist’s liability shall include all losses, costs, damages, or expenses arising from or out of or by reason of any accident or bodily injury or other occurrences to any person of person, including the artist, its agents, employees and business invitees which arise from the artist’s occupancy and use of the artist alley premises, the hotel, or any part thereof.