HOW QUALIFYING ROUNDS WORK
1. You must compete and win 1st or 2nd place to be eligible to compete in the national finals. A 3rd place team can be picked to enter in the finals if more than 15 teams entered that particular qualifier.TEAMS HAVE 30 DAYS TO LET STAFF KNOW IF THEY WILL BE CONTINUING TO FINALS. If the qualifier entered is less than 2 months out from finals, staff will give a separate deadline to follow. If for any reason a team that has previously confirmed can no longer attend, future participation in the events will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
2. The 1st place team of the qualifier event will be sent to the national final round, with flights and hotel covered by the qualifier hosting event.
3. The 2nd place (or in some cases also the 3rd place) team(s) will be offered “Wild Card” status, with only a spot secured in the final round. Costs of flight, hotel, etc, would be the Wild Card team’s responsibility, though individual hosting events may choose to provide support in the form of cash prizes or additional coverage, at their own discretion. As the Wild Card, do not assume there will be extra support. Please enter the round and continue to finals at your own risk, and make sure you have secured appropriate finances.
4. In the event that the 1st place team is unable or unwilling to attend finals, the prize would be offered to the 2nd place/Wild Card team. In the event that the 2nd place team replaces the 1st place team, or is unable or unwilling to attend finals themselves, the Wild Card offer would be extended to the 3rd place team.
5. As the winner of the qualifying round, it would be the team’s choice whether or not they choose to
keep their current entry, or create something new. However, you are strongly encouraged to modify
and enhance your winning entry. IN THE EVENT OF CHOOSING TO CHANGE YOUR WINNING SKIT, YOU
MUST OBTAIN APPROVAL BY WCS USA Staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please direct them to the email email@example.com — our staff will do their best to make sure you get the correct answer. Thank You!